Friday, January 21, 2011

The Birth of: Slurp Chirp Burp

I like eating. I like diversity. I like trying something new. And, apparently, I like creating groups. 


In an email conversation today, someone asked if I was interested in seeing a 9hour movie (no, not a comedy). I thought of all the things I really like doing (as a reaction to how much I didn't want to watch a 9 hour long movie - and no, it wasn't a Start Trek or Star Wars or Harry Potter marathon either). I started thinking of eating (slurping) and writing (couldn't find a word). Then I chatted the co-founder (GS) and vetoed couple of his suggestions (fine, all of them) and thus arrived at group name: Slurp Chirp Burp - A Monthly Lunch Group, Chicago.


1) Eat somewhere something [SLURP]
2) Discuss food and culture [CHIRP]
3) Write a blog entry on the group blog if you feel like it [BURP]


Open to all to join. 


The first one is at Tank Noodle restaurant, Uptown, Chicago.
I've been craving pho since December :)



No comments:

Post a Comment